Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Social Networking Sites

Social networking sites have been becoming very similar to each other. However there are some differences which users may choose over the others. My first social networking experience was through Myspace years ago when it was extremely popular when social networking was getting attention. People are able to customize their own page to their own liking, however it may be confusing too because everyone don't have to have a standard page layout like Facebook does. I did not like how there so many ads being posted on my page. It was very annoying. The users of this site have declined dramatically and Myspace is now mostly geared toward musicians.

My favorite social networking site has to be Facebook. All of my friends and probably everyone had switched over to Facebook from Myspace. Everything is very organized and easy to find. I like the games that they offer but I would not spend real money on them for virtual goods. It can be annoying sometimes and some people even get mad that Facebook keeps changing its layout. Once people get used to a layout, it changes! You would have to find where everything went and what has disappeared.

I do not have any experience with Twitter but I am forced to use it for this class. It seems to be just like Facebook but only for status updates. A lot of companies use this tool for up-to-date news/advertisement of their product. I will see how I like it when I get to use it more for this class.

Another social networking site is LinkedIn. It is much like Facebook but for professional use. It has a more businesslike atmosphere. I like that it allows you to be able to network other business professionals. It may also help people find a job by building your professional contacts and networks. You wouldn’t want to post anything here that you don’t want your boss to see!

No comments:

Post a Comment